TUESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2024 -- 11:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Grazing Management Workshop - Improving Farm & Ranch Resilience
Sponsored By envu and Natural Resources Conservation Service
Proper grazing management and having a written grazing management plan is essential to the success, longevity, and profitability of your cattle operation. This grazing management workshop is for any cattle producer seeking to improve their pasture management, extend grazing seasons, and create a more productive and sustainable forage-livestock system. Each attendee will have the chance to receive their own grazing management workbook, allowing you to walk away with a plan that is catered to your operation. Breakouts will be based upon average annual rainfall, providing solutions that are catered to your part of the country. Set up as roundtable discussions, each table will have a subject matter expert and solution provider to provide you with the best tools to take home. Join this half-day grazing management workshop to engage with experts and discuss topics such as:
- The benefits of good pasture and grazing management.
- How to assess the condition of your pasture.
- How forages grow and how management affects forage growth and quality.
- Utilization of the latest technology resources.
- Expand your fencing strategies.
- The basics of rotational grazing—how to manage grazing to complement the pasture growth cycle.
- Irrigation, nutrient and weed management strategies.
- Extend, monitor and optimize your water resources.
- Managing your pasture through the growing season, resting, stockpiling and preparing for drought.